Resources For Parents
Tri-County Mental Health Services’ Prevention Staff enjoys working with parents to address youth substance use. We believe that parents play a pivotal role in supporting youth, teaching them healthy ways to handle life’s stress, and showing them how to live a happy and healthy life.
Resources From Us
- Parent Up KC is a localized campaign and website designed to help equip parents with skills and education necessary to talk to their kids about underage drinking and substance use.
- Roots of Resilience empowers the Northland Kansas City area to nurture all kids so that they can grow up healthy and resilient.
- Fentanyl Fact Sheets— As the cases of fentanyl overdoses rise in the Northland, fentanyl fact sheets have been created to educate community members on the substance and it’s dangers.
- Staying Resilient During COVID-19— A toolkit with information Resilience during COVID-19
- KC Northland Strong—KC Northland Strong is a collaborative between organizations, businesses and community members working together to build a trauma informed and resilient Northland. KC Northland Strong is powered by Human Kind, Inc.
Partnership for Drug-Free Kids is a drug abuse prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery resource, existing to help parent caregivers effectively address alcohol and drug abuse with their teens and young adults.
NIDA’s parent resource library is designed to equip parents and other adults caregivers with the tools they need to raise drug-free kids.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) conducts research and disseminates the information to significantly improve prevention and treatment and to inform policy as it relates to drug abuse and addiction.
This drug guide is a comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information, including drug descriptions, slang, short term and long term effects, images, and more.
Missouri Department of Mental Health- Division of Alcohol and Drug about is a statewide agency coordinating the network of publicly-funded substance abuse prevention, treatment, and recovery support services throughout the state.
Prescription Medication Disposal Safe Guide provides step-by-step instruction on properly disposing of unused medications and other medical paraphernalia. A list of local prescription medication drop-boxes can be found here.
- Mother’s Against Drunk Driving strives to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes, and prevent underage drinking.
- Song for Charlie is a family-run nonprofit charity dedicated to raising awareness about ‘fentapills’–fake pills made of fentanyl.